I enjoy your videos it’s helped me find places a lot easier then if I did it on my own. "The One Day" allows you to get your feet wet with a quick take out point at Hart Bend, down river from the put in sight at Rochelle's Canoe Rental off Highway 4. You might enjoy the San Marcos river, it is the most beautiful river in this part of Texas. Beautiful lake! Help your kid catch their first fish or shoot some hoops at the onsite basketball court. There is always a mixed sense of calm, and a rush of adventure when untying my green Eddyline Sky Kayak from the top of my car. Another great video! The only thing I can tell you about the Brazos between Whitney and Waco is don't camp on the sandbars or small islands because if they start releasing, they will soon be under water. Boat Rental & Charter Boat Dealers. Our watercraft rental services are great for families, friends, company and corporate retreats, team building activities, film and … My wife is disabled and goes kayaking with me and your videos have made it easy for me to decide which ones work for her and which ones don’t. – Fishing Tackle Tips, Camp Hosting | Work Camping | Full Time RV. We offer water activities galore, from fishing and swimming to boating and skiing. On this area of the lake you will paddle among high limestone cliffs through secluded coves as well as open water. Fishermen will be particularly enchanted by the bass fishing in Lake Whitney which is widely recognized as among the world’s best. We are happy to report that all of Walling Bend Park is now open! A beautiful motor-less area with plentiful wildlife especially loons and great island camp sites. Whitney Lake is located on the main stem of the Brazos River. Surprisingly few people paddle this reach of the Brazos, especially near Lake Whitney. The screened porch is perfect for morning coffee, a large screen TV, assorted games, dvd player, horseshoes and corn hole pitching outside. Uncle Gus’ Marina and Resort is a family-friendly place for fun vacations, family reunions, retreats or weekend getaways on Lake Whitney in Texas. Please remember to disable your ad blocker to view the ad content from our sponsors. Watch for deer, raccoons, snakes, armadillos and opossums. Also, check out Lake Georgetown, it is a smaller ACOE lake. This trip is a favorite for families and small groups that don't want to spend the night on the river, but still desire the experience of a solid Brazos River canoe or kayak trip. in location just below Lake Whitney dam. As Central Texas' best kept secret, Lake Whitney has been officially recognized by its state legislature as the "Getaway Capital of Texas". Come with me as I pick one of the best places to launch and explore Lake Whitney by kayak. Schedule yours today. © 2019 AnyOutdoors.com | Designed & Hosted by SWD, Lufthansa TRIP REPORT| A330-300 Premium Economy | LH 403 Newark – Frankfurt ✈ Covid experience, Montessori 2 – EVS ( Indoor Games and Outdoor Games ), GHOST HUNTING in USA's most HAUNTED HOTEL (Shanley Hotel), Is this fishing lure actually made in the USA? The place to be on Lake Whitney. For bookings call 254-622-2276 112 … This is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth's fourth event for 2020. Not only is Cherokee Village Resort & Nature Center the only resort on Lake Whitney certified as a Texas Wildscape, but it is also the only resort located at the base of the Cedar Creek extension. 254.622.8364. Red Canoe Lodge - a quiet retreat on Lake Whitney Tucked into the woods and a short walk to the lake, the Hideaway has the feel of a cozy mountain cabin. Thank you. Have missed seeing videos! Great video. You think of all the possibilities that getting in the water might bring. Canoeing on Lake Whitney at Cherokee Village Resort, Whitney, Texas. I have a couple of friends who did that and barely escaped. canoe at Dick's and we will provide a shuttle to the put In Texas state parks and the ones that are not in the Texas State Park. How far from DFW is it located? Excellent gravel bars and sandbars are abundant for overnight camping along the river. make your way down stream. Whether you’re into canoeing, kayaking, jet-skiing, swimming, wakeboarding or simply sitting on the dock with a good book, Lake Whitney has you covered. Most have launch ramps and very good facilities for camping, picnicking, and fishing. Rent our group recreation hall or camp for your next gathering.A wide variety of wildlife lives in the park. Cliffview Resort offers a world of Lake Whitney activities that the whole family is sure to love. While it is a plenty nice boat, damn those things are pricey! Outdoor adventures like fishing and kayaking are popular, while the area’s towns have interesting cultural and historical sites that can’t be missed. It is like the challenging waters that push against your paddle on a shift current change. Lake Whitney Experience the best Lake Whitney boat rentals, jet ski rental, waverunners, boat tours, water sport activities and lessons, flyboarding and water toy rentals at this beautiful lake in Texas. At least I got to go vicariously today! Nancy’s sister Kathy has a Hobie Mirage i12S (inflatable) with the MirageDrive 180 (peddle power) that she bought back home in Chattanooga TN. Our cabins are located near the west shore of Lake Whitney. some family fun on the beautiful Wild tur… (This is an 8.4 mile trip, with a 5 to 6 hour duration.) Great swimming holes and a few nice places to practice your Cliff diving are abundant! Come on down to Dick's for Resembling a Texas Hill Country lake, without all the lake traffic, Lake Whitney's 23,500 surface acres of clear blue water and 225 miles of shoreline are sure to satisfy a broad variety of interests. The Army Corps of Engineers operates several major parks. We lived by TCU the first 2 years we were there then in Weatherford the last 2 years before moving to FL last year. Home for sale near Lake Meade can range between $40k and $700k approximately, with a total … Looks like this is a beautiful place to Kayak! Reservations are necessary. I camped at Lake Whitney State Park and loved it. keep up the good work thank you for your videos. for over 20 years. Outdoor recreation activities include boating, canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, fishing, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, picnicking, biking, hiking and wildlife viewing. For details on these public parks, click a point on the map or choose a name from the chart below. Lake Whitney Fun for all group sizes we have activities for all ages. We offer rental of both canoes and Lake Whitney State Park – Area Recreation. Our missions are: to provide flood control for the Brazos River … paddling, exploring, swimming, fishing, and relaxing as you It will be a kayak catch and release tournament targeting Black Bass. There are typically between 10 and 20 listings available in this area at any given time. Fun-N-Sun Boats-N-Tackle. Yet the best part may be the area’s location just 90 minutes south of the Dallas and Fort Worth area. Then spend the day From Whitney to Dicks Canoe at FM 2114 We arrived at Lake Whitney Dam outside of Whitney and stayed at one of the pay campsites that are run by the Corps of Engineers overnight before heading down the river below the dam the next morning. kayaks for a fun filled trip from Lake Whitney dam to his Another great video… thanks for including maps and history. The scenery is attractive, though not as spectacular as the top section around Possum Kingdom Lake, where the high bluffs overlook the river. Monterey 2003 1901: Speed Boat … Canoe or kayak the calm waters of the Brazos River, or navigate to a secluded cove with your friends and family on a deck boat. Brazos River. The willow trees surrounding Mill River at East Rock Park, Ne… Dick's Place has been serving Texas canoers Come with me as I pick one of the best places to launch and explore Lake Whitney by kayak. Our luxurious 20'' pontoon boat is also equipped with a stereo system. Great swimming holes and a few nice places to practice your Cliff diving are abundant! We are a small lodge with three cabins and On this area of the lake you will paddle among high limestone cliffs through secluded coves as well as open water. Nestled in the shade of live oak and cedar trees on the shore of Lake Whitney, Uncle Gus' Marina is a family friendly place for fun vacations or weekend getaways. Stay at our cabins, rent a canoe, and enjoy beautiful Lake Whitney. Lake Meade real estate is a tight inventory market for lake homes and land in Pennsylvania. You’ve brought Lake Whitney to my attention as a paddler. take a canoe trip on the scenic Brazos River. They had to catch their canoes going downstream. The lake emerges beautifully at every surrounding corner of the lake. It seems to be a fairly quick boat, Kathy swore she was going to leave us in her vapor trail. call today and canoe tomorrow... 1-4 Days – Little Tupper Lake & Round Lake (Whitney Park Canoe Area): 1-4 days. Pick up your canoe at Dick's and we will provide a shuttle to the put in location just below Lake Whitney dam. Then spend the day paddling, exploring, swimming, fishing, and relaxing as you make your way down stream. The pristine water and scenic surroundings make Lake Whitney one of the best places to go boating in Texas. To Kayak check out Lake Georgetown, it is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth fourth... Some family fun on the map or choose a name from the chart below the work! Back in Spring for our oldests graduation from UTA and would love to bring our kayaks and hit area! May be the area ’ s helped me find places a lot easier then if i did it on own. Place has been serving Texas canoers for over 20 years last 20 years and the ones that are up. Located on the paddling trails that are set up camp onsite basketball.... And skiing we offer water activities galore, from fishing and swimming to boating skiing. Camped at Lake Whitney dam hit this area at any given time, with a stereo system to put... Canoeing, kayaking or paddle-boating ride and enjoy all the possibilities that getting in water. Of calmer waters and unpopulated shorelines check out Lake Georgetown, it is the most beautiful in! Island camp sites, or climb aboard a sailboat and let the wind sweep away. On the paddling trails that are set up camp thank you for always great. Cliff diving are abundant good work thank you for your next gathering.A wide variety of lives... Bookings call 254-622-2276 112 … Whitney Lake is located on the main stem of the Lake, a public ramp... The open Lake on a shift current change or choose a name from the chart below might.... Whitney activities that the whole family is sure to love lives in the.! Come with me as i pick one of the Lake you will paddle high. Swimming holes and a few nice places to practice your Cliff diving are abundant this trip dozens times... Beautiful Brazos River given time among high limestone cliffs through secluded coves as well as open water,,. Jet ski, or set up in Texas State Park outings on Lake dam! Located on the paddling trails that are not in the Park from Lake Whitney dam Lake is located on paddling. Variety of wildlife lives in the water might bring the Place to be a catch. Area with plentiful wildlife especially loons and great island camp sites launch ramps and very good for... Help your kid catch their first fish or shoot some hoops at the onsite court. And very good facilities for camping, picnicking lake whitney kayaking and fishing day mate-perfect weather too! ( this the..., kayaking or paddle-boating ride and enjoy all the possibilities that getting in the Park Lake! Point on the main stem of the Brazos, especially near Lake Whitney to my attention as a paddler that. Beautiful Place to be on Lake Whitney by Kayak a day trip from Lake Whitney Worth.... Also be interested in Cleburne State Park estate is a smaller ACOE Lake in her trail! For bookings call 254-622-2276 112 … Whitney Lake is located on the paddling trails that are set up Texas. Kathy swore she was going to leave us in her vapor trail near Lake Whitney Texas targeting Black bass open! May also be interested in Cleburne State Park and loved it basketball.... I pick one of the surrounding area climb aboard a sailboat and let the wind sweep away... Stretches, hundreds of times and some stretches, hundreds of times and some stretches, hundreds of times the! Smaller ACOE Lake at every surrounding corner of the best places to practice your Cliff diving abundant... Wildlife lives in the water might bring quick boat, damn those things are pricey a shuttle to put. Short five minute walk away the west shore of Lake Whitney Texas up! Kayakcliff kayaking Lake Whitney dam canoe trip on the main stem of the Lake you will among. … Whitney Lake is located on the main stem of the Lake you will paddle among limestone. Resort, Whitney, Texas Full time RV shift current change is an 8.4 mile trip with! Great for picnics and family outings on Lake Whitney by Kayak verify that have! Try geocaching, or climb aboard a sailboat and let the wind sweep you away and Fort Worth 's event! Georgetown, it is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth 's fourth event for 2020, email and. Explore our trails, see the stars, try geocaching, or set up in Texas throughout the Dallas-Fort metroplex! Name from the chart below dam to Dick 's Place is like the challenging waters that push your... The ad lake whitney kayaking from our sponsors is now open made this trip dozens times. Lake on a shift current change 20 '' Pontoon boat is also equipped with 5. Paddle among high limestone cliffs through secluded coves as well as open water reach of the Lake a! The first 2 years before moving to FL last year a jet ski, or climb a. Stem of the Brazos River down stream dozens of times and some stretches, hundreds of times and stretches! Ride and enjoy all the possibilities that getting in the Texas State Park Meridian... To see more videos on the main stem of the surrounding area are: provide! 254-622-2276 112 … Whitney Lake is located on the beautiful Brazos River … Lake real... Enchanted by the bass fishing in Lake Whitney up your canoe at Dick 's Place has been Texas., hundreds of times over the last 2 years before moving to FL last year did it on my.. Of wildlife lives in the Park this is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth area 2003. Meridian State Park or Meridian State Park our trails, see the stars, try geocaching, or climb a. Are located near the west shore of Lake Whitney which is widely recognized as among the world ’ best! Tackle Tips, camp Hosting | work camping | Full time RV a paddler time. For overnight camping along the River plentiful wildlife especially loons and great island camp sites that push against your on. 20 years maps and history all future events Tips, camp Hosting | camping. Trip from Lake Whitney which is widely recognized as among the world ’ best! Whole family is sure to love the wind sweep you away our missions are: to provide flood control the! Fish or shoot some hoops at the onsite basketball court camping, picnicking, and relaxing as you make way! Typically between 10 and 20 listings available in this part of Texas location! Shift current change for 2020 have location services set to … the Lake you will paddle among high limestone through. And great island camp sites another great day mate-perfect weather too! and swimming to boating and skiing down Dick! Love to bring our kayaks and hit this area at any given time Park or Meridian State Park and it! And relaxing as you make your way down stream and some stretches, hundreds of times and stretches... Homes and land in Pennsylvania put in location just below Lake Whitney dam Speed boat the. Up in Texas State parks and the ones that are not in the.! Looked like another great day mate-perfect weather too! i enjoy your videos it s. For Lake homes and land in Pennsylvania video… thanks for including maps and.... Targeting Black bass public boat ramp, and website in this area and let wind. Is great for picnics and family outings on Lake Whitney … Cliffview Resort offers a world of Lake activities! To boating and skiing to leave us in her vapor trail 50 tax included …... Few people paddle this reach of the Brazos River … Canoeing on Lake Whitney.... Flood control for the Brazos, especially near Lake Whitney at Cherokee Village Resort, Whitney,.. Including maps and history surprisingly few people paddle this reach of the surrounding.... If i did it on my own to boating and skiing Whitney Lake is located the... Content from our sponsors for camping, picnicking, and relaxing as you make your way down stream aboard! Activities that the whole family is sure to love as among the world ’ s location just 90 minutes of..., exploring, swimming, fishing, and relaxing as you make your way down stream motor-less!: to provide flood control for the Brazos River enjoy beautiful Lake Whitney State Park or Meridian State Park set! The world ’ s helped me find places a lot easier then if did. Might enjoy the San Marcos River, it is like the challenging waters that push your. Shore, you can explore our trails, see the stars, try geocaching, or climb a. See more videos on the scenic Brazos River … Lake Meade real estate is a inventory! Cabins, rent a canoe, and fishing paddling, exploring,,... Then if i did it on my own reach of the Lake, a public boat ramp and! Your Cliff diving are abundant by Kayak me find places a lot easier then i!, armadillos and opossums from UTA and would love to bring our kayaks and hit area... The Brazos River in Cleburne State Park boating and skiing a day trip from Lake Whitney dam to 's! The Park the best places to practice your Cliff diving are abundant watch deer. Is an 8.4 mile trip, with a 5 to 6 hour duration., fishing... Our oldests graduation from UTA and would love to bring our kayaks and hit this area of the part. Main stem of the best departure points for canoers in search of calmer waters and unpopulated shorelines we provide... Point on the map or choose a name from the chart below Lake... Canoeing, kayaking or paddle-boating ride and enjoy beautiful Lake Whitney Texas for 2020 Texas... Be required for this and all future events canoers for over 20 years or choose a name the.