The iPod is in the inventory from the start of the game and comes with nine songs and the first of the Integral Podcasts by Ryan Payton already on it. It helped sell the PS2, featuring advanced AI, physics and cover mechanics for its time, and one of the first postmodern narratives in gaming. It's easy to see (or rather, hear) from the opening to MGS2 why Harry Gregson-Williams was brought on board - Hideo Kojima is probably the most "cinematic" director/creator of games working today, and the memorable, epic melody Gregson-Williams came up with for the opener makes the feel of a Hollywood A-List action flick even more visceral. Solid Snake used it in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I love the MGS4 theme, but I also love the MGS2 opening. This sequel takes the action to an offshore oil cleanup facility seized by terrorists who are holding the President hostage. The three Roman numerals symbolize the three tallest skyscrapers in Manhattan, the setting for the game. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is a stealth game developed and published by Konami for the PlayStation 2 on November 13, 2001. They always end up melding together. The opening of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2) stands out to me. The iPod is an MP3 player created by Apple. Filename C:\Documents and Settings\Switchfreak\My Documents\My Music\Norihiko Hibino\Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Soundtrack 2 The Other Side\06 Peter's Theme.wav Pre-gap length 0:00:03.00 Peak level 71.9 % Metal Gear Solid 2 Grand Game Plan Preliminary Draft 01/08/99 Konami Japan by Hideo Kojima Title Metal Gear Solid III Written as MGSIII for short. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (メタルギアソリッド2 サンズ・オブ・リバティ, Metaru Gia Soriddo 2 Sanzu Obu Ribati?, commonly abbreviated as MGS2) is a stealth action game directed by Hideo Kojima, developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and published by Konami for the PlayStation 2 in 2001. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Original Soundtrack, is a soundtrack released by Konami and Japanese music label, Phantom (Japan), on November 29, 2001 under the catalog number KMCA-127.Two soundtracks were released for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.The first simply titled Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Original Soundtrack contains 17 tracks from the game, with the … This has happened for the past decade and a half if my brain decides to play the MGS theme. MGS2 was the first game of the series that I played back in, what, 2002? It has a very cinematic opening, reminiscent of a movie trailer, with music by Harry Gregson-Williams. Report Add more answer options. But I also love the opening to PW as well, the PW battle 2 theme. As a whole Metal Gear Solid 2 didn't strike me right, I found it's story annoying and the environments very bland with occasional moments of frustration. I'd blow the guy who made the themes for MGS. It has been designed to work in the same way as the actual iPod, with the right analog stick being used to control it. Comment Reply Start Topic. Instead of proceeding on to MGS2, as one might expect, we are making MGS3. Posting in language: Edit Preview B I U … The theme got stuck in my head and while it "played" somehow my brain would meld it in with the Speed music, almost seamlessly. The Colonel was an AI recreation of former FOXHOUND commander Roy Campbell, produced by multiple AIs under the Patriots' control during the Big Shell Incident. Bootstrapped Theme: The Metal Gear Solid 2 rendition by Harry Gregson-Williams became the official theme of the series. The follow-up to the 1998 blockbuster, Metal Gear Solid 2 blends tactical stealth and action.