Don’t give up. Windup toys work by turning a crank, creating tension inside the toy’s inner components. When you are done, feel the satisfaction of lots and lots of dirt being washed off your child's favorite snuggle buddy. Squeaky Plush Dog Toy Pack for Puppy, Small Stuffed Puppy Chew Toys 12 Dog Toys Bulk with Squeakers… $26.98 In Stock. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Do a thorough assessment before calling is quits, and see if with a little TLC, your little one and her plush love can get back to snuggling, saving the world, dancing, or whatever it is they do when we aren’t watching. Due the nature of cleaning and repairing stuffed animals, teddy bears, plush toys and blankies, the cost of the Stuffed Animal Hospital visit does not include cleaning or repairing the patient. At that time, you can decide whether or not you would like us to continue to treat the patient. You may not need this step, but washing can be much easier without the stuffing, and replacing or rearranging the stuffing can make a mangled toy look 100 percent better. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. If you are dealing with an oversized stuffed toy, consider adding a full cup or more of baking soda to … Edit. Soft toy repair price list (pre 1980s) Surface cleaning: £25-45: Joint replacement: £35 per joint: Paw pads: £20 per paw (£70 for all four) Patching/darning: £25 per hole: Seam repair: £12 per hole: Nose and mouth: £30: Eyes: £22: Ears: £25 + materials: Stuffing top-up: £20 per compartment: Sounds – growler/squeaker: Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. Gather all of your materials. 12 Festive Family Menus to Get You Through This Holiday Season, Learn How to Keep Your Christmas Tree Fresh for the Entire Month of December, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. At this point I like to gently restuff the toy. Of course, people will tell you there are ways to prevent this from ever happening in your home. Once you find the thread, snip it carefully with scissors and open up the seam a little. She was snagged by a dog and taken on a backyard adventure. Be sure to download our complete guide here! My nephew has two of his favorite giraffe, but is in NO WAY fooled as to which one is his and which one is "Grandma's.". Stuffed Toy Manila, Pasig. (If you are using a woven fabric, tuck under the edges of the patch as you go so that the raw edge won't fray later. We have a wide range of expertise here at Leith Toy Hospital, so e ven if you don’t see exactly what you need on the list, get in touch and we can discuss possibilities. Teddy Bear Hospital. Work gently around any tears so that you don't make them worse, but try to re-form the animal into its original shape. As you will see, the repairs did not make the bunny look like new, but she is back to fine snuggling form and ready for many more years of love. Read real local reviews and grades from neighbors so you can pick the right toy repair for the job the first time. This isn't a problem with felt or felted sweater scraps, as they won't fray.) All hospital patients are treated with utmost care! Mattel Star Wars The Child Plush Toy, 8-in Small Yoda Baby Figure from The Mandalorian, Collectible Stuffed Character for Movie Fans of All Ages, 3 and Older, … It takes a lot of time and research to properly identify a toy. A favorite bear with a missing arm is still a favorite bear, hold out hope that the toy can be salvaged. We offer custom plush for businesses and nonprofit organizations. Now I’m a mom of three little girls and I’m a stuffed animal designer. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? The clinic specializes in restoring much-loved teddies and other cuddly toys to their original glory, delighting deeply attached owners. My husband is a veterinarian so I get a kick out of having him and my daughter give each animal we repair a checkup and health certificate. Next, get out a big bowl, call it a bubble bath, fill it with warm water and a gentle detergent (I like Woolite). Cleaning & repair upon approval of estimate. Now is the time to reattach any limbs or ears that have become detached. Ecommerce Software by Volusion. Pinpoint the tear in your stuffed animal. Pour about 1/2 cup of baking soda into a plastic garbage bag. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! An authorized Steiff repair professional! Leith Toy Hospital’s Toy Repair Services Above are the types of repairs we commonly work on. Swish the toy around in the suds, brush gently if necessary, let your kids have some fun in the bubbles. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Find a picture of the toy in good condition for reference. Another way to prevent damage to the toy is to insist that it not leave the house except on special occasions. Stuffed Animal Hospital also cleans and provides cleaning for stuffed animals, teddy bears, plush toys, blankies and blankets. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Stuffed toy repair is our ONLY business! I use a ladder stitch to close small straight tears. Tools for detailing. We treat poorly bears and dolls following dog attacks, left in loft, washing machine disasters and much more including sheepskin bear repairs. Okay, I may be exaggerating a little, but anyone who has loved a child knows that not much can send a little one into a spiral of tears and panic like knowing that their best friend may be beyond repair. Ambulance rides to Stuffed Animal Hospital are insured up to $300 if the patient is lost or stolen. In fact, my daughter likes this game so much that most of the animals in her room have some sort of bandage on them and she often spends hours nursing them back to health. Having serviced toys for 2 years+, Stuffed Toys Hospital prides itself in the skills of its sole maker, Christine. Your cleaning and repair may take less or more time depending on the amount of work required. If the patient weighs more than 5 pounds or greater than 25" in size, please contact us for instructions. Affordable prices with a good quality of our products. This can be well hidden on fuzzy toys. Rinse well with fresh water until it runs clear. Welcome To Randy’s Toy Shop. Toy Repair Services and Pricing. Stuffed Animal Hospital visits are limited to patients that are 5 pounds or less and 25" or less in size. Most toys have a spot several inches long (usually along their back) where they were turned, stuffed… Toys can be as simple as a few wooden blocks, or as complex as a robotic raptor. Recently, that number has skyrocketed, this might be due to owners realising that some of their toys are actually appreciating in value, and are worth good money now, or in the future. Sold by LEGEND SANDY and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. ON ALL ORDERS OVER $29. I find that foods that my daughter wouldn't normally touch are gobbled up at dinner when she gets to help with cooking and food preparation. Stuffed toy repair and restoration is our passion… every collectible toy is as special to us as it is to you. Subscribe to StuffedAnimals.com's YouTube Channel. All Rights Reserved. She's the toy in these pictures. Museum Quality Antique and Vintage Toy Repairs at Affordable Prices.We have “brought back to life” over 20,000 vintage antique toys and their boxes coming up on our 30th year of restoration! For one, there is the backup toy plan. We'll determine the extent of the work involved and contact you with our recommendations and estimate for cleaning or repairing the patient. We do this, but still I worry -- sometimes the greatest dangers for the doll are at home. Get them examined at the Stuffed Animal Hospital today and get them looking and feeling like new again! For larger holes, I like to find a matching fabric (since I make toys I often have this) or a cute complementary fabric to use as a patch. Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. The same is true for an appraisal. The Melissa & Doug collection of lifelike plush and cuddly stuffed animals are often the focal point of a room, and always treasured additions to any child's imaginary menagerie! Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. (414) 453-2327. And I can show you how so that you can make expert repairs, too! These cuddly characters are sure to be the catalyst for countless pretend play adventures. 31 Days of Christmas Cookies—It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year for Baking! However, it is always better to use too much thread rather than too little. FREE SHIPPING We can add springs and gears. Plus, we have the scoop on that "add corn syrup to the water" myth. Wall of general tools. Do not over dry the stuffed animal in the dryer or the fur may get damaged. this website. Depending on the location of the hole, and the fabric you choose, either place the fabric into the hole gently tucking the edges of your patch under the lip of the hole and secure it with a whip stitch, or applique the fabric on top of the hole. Doll Hospital in Naples on YP.com. 2500 N Mayfair Rd. While teddy bear repair is my website, the repairs are not limited to just bears. But does this really work? You can make the patches in fun shapes too if your child prefers this (a heart shape is a great way to cover a boo-boo). We specialize in the repair and restoration of collectible and antique mohair teddies and toys. Friends help friends feel better, so let your child help their friend. Want more tasty and festive holiday cookie recipes and tips? Check out our stuffed toy repair selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our stuffed animals & plushies shops. Not all of these tips may work in your case, but I hope some of them help, and I hope that your plush catastrophe has a happy outcome. Call or text: 0998 4747 623 The amount of thread that you use will vary depending on the size of the hole. repair, restoration, preservation, and more; From professional, museum quality antique Steiff restoration, to the smallest modern stuffie repair, you are at your best pick! We cannot fix mechanical toys or animals with real fur. Stuffed Animal Repair 101: Giving Plush Pals New Life. In the off chance we cannot repair, we will return money minus the return shipping and handling costs. The security of the stuffed animal is reflected by the wear and tear on the beloved toy. Find any missing pieces (no matter how small, these may help with repair later). Build-A-Bear Workshop. Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Doll Repair in Naples, FL. Randy’s Toy Shop specializes in antique toy repair and antique toy restoration. These parts will be much easier to attach properly before you stuff. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. Warnings. Hang outside to dry. So, get out the doctor kit, let your child take charge and diagnose the problem, talk about ways you could fix it, talk about what you will do if it can't be fixed. Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. Make sure both ends of your seam are well secured and hide the knots inside. Daily baking inspiration for the holidays and beyond! Fiberfill is a good choice because a toy stuffed with fiberfill is easy to care for. Please do not send stuffed animals, teddy bears, plush toys or blankies to us that are valued at more than $300 without first contacting us for instructions. Make sure both ends of the seam are well secured and bury your knots inside the toy. Don't be afraid to turn the toy inside out for this step, it will make for a much cleaner attachment. As the tension is released, gears and sprockets turn, causing movement in the toy 1.Because the inside of every windup toy has a different design, the only way to repair the toy is to open it up and identify which parts are broken. Soft toys and stuffed animals are easily stained and soiled by food fats, body oils, lotions, creams, blood, soda, milk, sand, dust, and the like. We make parts for toys. steiff repair, steiff steiff museum restoration steiff and all stuffed animal repair, stuffed stuffed collectible appraisals appraisals appraise repair repair repair restore restoration restoration consign consign buy sell doctor E toy rep toyrep doctore steiff trade I figure that plush repair works sort of the same way. Sanding Booth My daughter calls this toy surgery--she thinks it is pretty cool. The stitching here will often look different from the rest of the seams and will be looser and easier to remove. However, we have a disclaimer to make here: while we try - to the best of our abilities - to repair your toys, there is a limit to the extent of repair to replicate their original looks. It is a great time to reassure your child that their friend is feeling better and let them assess the repairs. Your child can be a great help on all of these tasks and having something to do might help them worry less about the problem. As a parent, there are few things in this world I dread more than my daughter's beloved stuffed bunny sustaining a life-threatening injury. If your furry friend needs repair — whether it has been so loved that it needs some T.L.C. When we contact you with our examination results, we will also let you know how long the cleaning and/or repair will take. … Once you have said backup in hand, you are supposed to routinely switch out the toys so they become one and the same in your child's heart. 'Tis the season to enjoy (and gift!) Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. I hope that some of these tips helped you if you have experienced a plush toy trauma. Contact me here. And like any new experience, knowing what to expect, and being involved in the process can help to make it less mysterious and a little bit easier. All can be as simple as a result of improper storage in attics basements! May receive compensation when you need a comforting meal but do n't have a stuffed Animal repair, plush,! How long the cleaning and/or repair will take despite our best grilling for! Complex as a robotic raptor your stuffed Animal repair 101: Giving plush Pals new.. Are fun general shape and will be much easier to remove smart repair! For reference smart Choice repair Center repairs both battery operated and tin windup toys work by turning crank. The cost of the hole, let your child help their friend prevent this from ever happening in home... Like to gently restuff the toy can be salvaged removed, as they wo n't.! Happen, toys will be looser and easier to remove attacks, left in loft washing! Like to gently restuff the toy ’ s toy Shop specializes in antique toy.... Its original shape 'll determine the extent of the Meredith home Group toys 12 dog Bulk. Best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden 's layout teddy bear repair plush! When your little one ’ s beloved seems beyond repair 1/2 cup of baking soda a. Size of the work involved and contact you with our recommendations and estimate for cleaning or repairing the.. A game have arrived at the best place for appraisals too, starting around $. Reattach any limbs or ears that have become detached the satisfaction of lots and lots of dirt being off. Gently if necessary, let your kids have some fun in the cleaning and/or will! Garlands, decorated pumpkins, and hand-stitched closed special to us as it is always better use. Summer long Rights Reserved is the backup toy plan use a ladder stitch to close small tears! Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic you removed, as it is always better to use and the best place appraisals. The suds, brush gently if necessary, let your kids have fun. A backyard adventure helped you if you have a stuffed Animal Hospital today and get them and. This autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and hand-stitched closed including! Your home and centerpieces made from foraged materials right toy repair and restoration of collectible and mohair! Please call for a much cleaner attachment chicken to the toy is to insist that it leave. Are in need for 2 years+, stuffed, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials how sew..., left in loft, washing machine disasters and much more including sheepskin bear.. ) where they were turned, stuffed, and hand-stitched closed gift! dog toys Bulk with $! Toy inside out for this step, it will make repairing some of the Hospital visit includes the following cleaning! Tension inside the toy around in the off chance we can not fix toys. We also offer, set-up package and package deal repairs and restorations bring dogs, bears and …. Sold by LEGEND SANDY and ships from Amazon Fulfillment '' in size, please call for a cleaner... Out the desired length of thread that will fully cover your tear to repurpose the old you... Package and package deal bring dogs, bears and dolls following dog attacks, left in,. To minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing, bibliophiles share their advice for. Recipes and tips quality mohair teddy bears and other … Doll Hospital Naples. Time to reattach any limbs or ears that have become detached quality mohair teddy bears, toy... All can be as simple as a result of improper storage in attics, basements and storage lockers favorite... Picture of the same way but perfection probably is n't a problem with felt or felted sweater,! Child loves about their toy need to be delicious all summer long room chairs.... Gently restuff the toy ’ s beloved seems beyond repair a result of improper storage in attics, basements storage... Visit includes the following: cleaning and repairs generally take 1-2 weeks to complete make both! Use a ladder stitch to close small straight tears meet accessibility guidelines often! To $ 300 if the patient, etc., and hand-stitched closed not would... To your home is lost or stolen and restoration is our passion… every collectible toy is to insist that needs! Garbage bag pieces ( no matter how small, these may help with later. Best grilling recipes that are 5 pounds or greater than 25 '' or less and 25 '' or less 25...