The drama is laid out like a fairytale book with each episode acting as a chapter. Editorial | Contribute your travel stories or submit yes. Kim Soo-hyun stars as Crown Prince Lee-hwon, who is engaged to marry Princess Heo Yeon-woo (Han Ga-in). Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place, Baeksang Award Winner. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So in the end, the succeed of iotnbo in the end is bcause the whole team, not per individually achievement. With a range and versatility establishing him as one of the best actors in the business, this 32-year-old actor has proven that he has the range to carry him all the way to Korean awards stages. Highest-paid actor in South Korea in 2020. Also read: It’s Okay to Not Be Okay Filming Locations: 15 Must-Visit Spots in South Korea. Starring opposite his character is the cold and antisocial Ko Moon-young, played by the drop-dead gorgeous Seo Ye-ji. He sees good thing on his costar / colleagues when most ppl doesnt. Kim Soo-hyun, who recently starred in the absolutely amazing KDrama ‘It’s Okay to Not be Okay‘, first won me over in ‘My Love From the Star’. I wish they’ll cast kim tae ri!!! Why do you always have to trash other actresses? Ku-Hye Sun, Lee Min-Ho in Boys Over Flowers (Photo Credits: Twitter) Ku-Hye Sun, Lee Min-Ho starrer Boys Over Flowers is a 2009 show available on Netflix. Since then, I have tried to watch as many of his Korean dramas as possible. Moving between the past and the present, this fantasy drama series about a Korean celebrity and an alien falling in love catapulted Kim Soo-hyun to global fame. Below you find an overview of all movies and series with Soo-hyun Kim on Netflix. offers an insider’s glimpse into this hectic, fast-paced world. But after watching it… everyone understands not to underestimate and have trust on KSH. It's Okay to Not be Okay Highest Viewership Among K-dramas Making the Netflix Top 100 Shows List for 2020 as... Rainie Yang Leads the Parade of TW-stars Paying Visit to Alien Huang's Memorial on the First Day of Service, Kim Soo Hyun Takes Home the Acting Category Daesang at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards with Lots of Popular Stars, Kim Soo Hyun Shares New Pics on SNS Looking Dapper for Photo Shoot. About Soo-hyun Kim. This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Kim Soo-hyun on Netflix. Yes, indeed SOME of his fans are extremely arrogant. firmly established the actor as a household name in South Korea. That time only reason to watch IOTNOB was KSH. As Lee-hwon tries to get to the bottom of this mystery, he encounters the manipulative schemes and conspiracies of the royal court. If Soo Hyun accepts this acting proposal, he will reportedly play the role of an interior designer-slash-sociopath with dissociative identity disorder. I hope it’s as crazy as Mr. Just ignore it if you don’t like idols. Originally released on MBC, this K-drama enjoyed a highly successful 20-episode run, eventually topping the nationwide ratings chart at 42.2%. Rather seeing anyone popularity we must see talent. Yoona especially has proven herself capable in the right roles as she is the first idol actress to be nominated for Best Actress in prestigious film awards, but ok, stay biased. . Thankfully the confirmation news that Kim Soo Hyun will be doing the Netflix original K-drama Bloody Finger also comes with an updated synopsis that doesn’t read like the adaptation of American Psycho. Netflix’s Korean content team operates under two pillars. Required fields are marked *. 32 years 4 months 14 days profession. Aside from being easy on the eyes, Soo-hyun is a … Many viewers know Kim Soo-hyun for his acting and boyish good looks. In that same year, Kim Soo-hyun was also awarded Best Actor in Asia at the 8th Tokyo International Drama Festival in, and Best Global Actor at the 15th Huading Awards in, You can consider yourself a real fan of Kim Soo-hyun if you’ve been following his career since, . Nah not Suzy, Yoona or any idols. As Lee-hwon tries to get to the bottom of this mystery, he encounters the manipulative schemes and conspiracies of the royal court. Streaming giant Netflix has finally dropped the official trailer of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, and we’re definitely not okay waiting for Kim Soo-hyun after all these years!. I think they wanted to tell his character will be evil like American Psycho…coz it’s a drama not a Movie 2-3 hours movie cannot be drawn into a drama of 16 episodes. 104 34 its real. Genres. It's Okay To Not Be Okay has, without a doubt, one of the most unique narratives we've ever come across in the small screen. Some ppl stays watching because of the storyline that is relatable to them as well, some even stays watching because of the ost and cinematography. About Kim Soo-hyun. Many examples of kdrama that is so hype in the beginning bcos starred by famous actor / actress, but turns out a big flop. Kim Soo-Hyun stars as a psychiatric ward aide in the offbeat romantic K-drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay on Netflix Chun Youngsang for Netflix How three-year acting break changed Kim Soo-Hyun If you prefer your romances with a dash of political intrigue and fantasy, then Moon Embracing the Sun is a must-watch. Yes, learning from iotnbo, hope more fans trying not to underestimate any not popular actress / actor. More Details. There’s only one problem: She doesn’t remember who Lee-hwon is. swept the international awards circuit in 2014, bagging the Grand Prize (“Daesang”) for television at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2014. If you haven’t heard about him yet, then you will soon. It’s Okay to Not Be Okay Filming Locations: 15 Must-Visit Spots in South Korea, Suffice to say, it’s been a tremendous decade of fruitful projects for Kim Soo-hyun! Kim Soo-hyun stars as Crown Prince Lee-hwon, who is engaged to marry Princess Heo Yeon-woo (Han Ga-in). From the high-concept fantasy of My Love from the Star to the compelling narrative of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, this multi-talented actor has proven that he has that undeniable X-factor — a combination of talent and charisma to keep viewers coming back for more. No thanks. After Dream High got viewers wondering about Kim Soo-hyun, Moon Embracing the Sun firmly established the actor as a household name in South Korea. I would also support Park Eun Bin. Kim Tae Ri for me too! It will be any strong actress…coz matching top hallyu star with 4 daesangs and having Baeksang award for best actor at such a young age is not easy. He directed Encounter starred by SHK n PBG Irony cos I love ksh so much because of his humbleness and simplicity. Otter-Themed Experience to Open At Gardens by the Bay, Japan Is Considering Opening to Foreign Tourists by Spring 2021, 12 Most Amazing Theme Parks in South Korea [Updated 2020], 10 Coolest Passports of the World and the Inspiration Behind Their Designs, 12 Outdoor Activities To Do As You Explore Berlin, New Zealand to Welcome 2021 by Planting a “Forest of Hope”. He even recorded the song “Dreaming” for the official soundtrack, which you can see him perform live. Kim Da Mi would be a great nemesis. The movie was released on June 28th, 2017, in South Korea. Note: These Kim Soo-hyun Netflix shows are mostly available in Asia. They all make IOTNBO succesful equally. All fandoms have arrogant fans so it’s quite unfair to say some of HIS fans so arrogant and think he’s superior. Starring opposite his character is the cold and antisocial Ko Moon-young, played by the drop-dead gorgeous Seo Ye-ji. He even recorded the song “Dreaming” for the official soundtrack, which you can see him perform live here. got viewers wondering about Kim Soo-hyun. And yes, most ppl start watching iotnbo bcos of KSH, but also many ppl stay watching iotnbo bcos of a great acting with great visual brought by SYJ, whom they cant believe that they only notice her now, Your email address will not be published. It’s hilarious. Thats why I adore KSH. There are plenty of mediocre REAL actresses out there, but panties are in a twist when an idol is mentioned. Roaming the Earth for centuries, he longs for the day when he can finally return to his home planet. Cheon Song-yi (Jun Ji-hyun) and is swept into the dramatic events of her life. I mean whatt? Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Plus it is said drama will be shooting in other countries too…we can see KIM SOO HYUN speaking in English. They claimed they found their leading lady through it, even announced her (Jung In Sun iirc), But then they ditched her for the better-known Oh Yeon Seo ….and the drama flopped. Videos It's Okay to Not Be Okay. Want to see this handsome leading man flex his acting chops? Forbes Korea Power Celebrity. dives straight into the realities of the South Korean entertainment industry, from the high-strung producers who champion network ratings to the everyday challenges of Korean trainees, who struggle to make it in a tireless, competitive, and often demanding industry. He plays Jae Tae-Young, a man who struggles with multiple personalities and is a popular player in the criminal world. Well done to all Moon Trio, Jo Young, and Park Shin Woo PDnim and crew. We found 3 titles with Kim Soo-hyun on Netflix. The road to recovery is not easy for Gang-tae and Moon-young, who are haunted by their pasts and have built high walls around their deepest wounds. Film director Jung Ji Woo will oversee the entire production while Han Ji Wan, who also penned the 2016 thriller-crime drama, Wanted, will write the new Netflix series. Until then, we have all the time in the world to catch up on Kim Soo-hyun’s shows on Netflix! Perhaps the biggest draws of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay are the brutally honest depiction of the characters and the moving, realistic performances by Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji. If you haven’t heard about him yet, then you will soon. In the series, Kim Soo-hyun plays a kind caregiver named Moon Gang-tae, who is responsible for looking after his autistic older brother Moon Sang-tae. I hope Yoona or Suzy as female lead both very popular and talented. Certainly, we can’t wait to see what new and groundbreaking role this handsome leading man takes on next. She has the charisma, acting chops and would fit this kind of drama. Love heals and transforms in this unusual romance starring Kim Soo-hyun ("My Love from the Star"). I think it might be interesting to see him do a role without a love interest even if the role isn’t a violent misogynist like Patrick Bateman. It’s funny when he himself is humble and has many idol friends. Yes they r talented in acting so they have fans and still active in this industry as one of the best actress and those who dont have any talent are here commenting on others capability, Stop it dont make our fandom worse than it already is our girl is suffering, @Joane Oh please just stop with the toxicity. proven that he has the range to carry him all the way to Korean awards stages. Kim So-hyun (left) and Song Kang reprise their roles in the second season of Korean drama series Love Alarm on Netflix. , this multi-talented actor has proven that he has that undeniable X-factor — a combination of talent and charisma to keep viewers coming back for more. She enjoys being swept up in books that spark her curiosity for new places, both real and imaginary. Yes. I mean actor centric character. Here, Kim Soo-hyun plays Song Sam-dong, a talented musical prodigy from the countryside. Watch for the workplace drama, then stay for a warm and uplifting slice-of-life series that embraces the camaraderie between the characters. Yes, most ppl start watching iotnbo because of ksh, but after it aired, many ppl also stays watching iotnbo because of syj instead. I’d rather he continue working with talented but underated actresses just like he did with Seo Ye Ji. content enquiries. So the succeed of iotnbo resulted from the hardwork from all crew and cast. Viewers will enjoy the playful dynamic between his character and IU’s, as well as the “will-they-won’t-they” teasing that simmers between them, up until the end of the series. Whew. He needs an actress equally present on the screen. KOMPAS.com - Sukses membintangi drama Korea It’s Okay To Not Be Okay, aktor Kim Soo Hyun disebut bakal terlibat dalam serial bergenre thriller.. Dikutip dari Soompi, Jumat (6/11/2020), Kim Soo Hyun bakal membintangi serial menegangkan garapan Netflix berjudul Finger.. Kabar tersebut langsung ditanggapi oleh agensi sang aktor, Gold Medalist. A twisted fairytale built on the themes of emotional healing and found family awaits viewers of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay. Kim soo hyun is an actor who was born on february 16th 1988 in seoul south korea. CLICK TO SEE MORE ARTICLES BY Tiffany Conde. But did you know that he can carry a pretty good tune, too? Released on KBS2 in 2011, this musical teen drama became a hit among younger viewers in South Korea. This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Soo-hyun Kim on Netflix. Wow can’t wait! You mean about the audition? Go Kim Soo Hyun! What you need to know about Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji in new Netflix drama Come June 20, soak in Kim Soo-hyun’s charisma through his new drama It’s Okay To Not Be Okay by Joan Wong & Kwok Kar Peng / June 15, 2020 The best rated item with Kim Soo-hyun on Netflix is "The Producers" and appeared on screen in 2015. The most anticipated comeback series of Kim Soo-hyun is nearing its premiere, and Netflix has released the official trailer on June 10. To convincingly get into character as Song Sam-dong, Kim Soo-hyun trained for three months under big-time music agency JYP Entertainment, where he learned how to sing and dance in the same rigorous environment that produced K-pop groups like TWICE, DAY6, and GOT7. Kim So Hyun Considers Signing with New Agency Culture Depot Which Represents Jeon Ji Hyun and Seo Ji Hye Among... Joynews Poll Selects Hospital Playlist and The World of the Married as Best Dramas of 2020, The King: Eternal Monarch... Record of Youth Ends with 8.740% in Episode 16 and Confirms Point of Entire Drama was Mocumentary Military Send off... Ji Soo Offered Male Lead in Sageuk Moon Rising Over the River Opposite Kim So Hyun in a Page Turner... K-drama True Beauty Holds Script Reading With Leads Cha Eun Woo, Moon Ga Young, and Hwang In Yeop, Song Hye Kyo Considering 2021 K-drama Now We Break Up Initially in Talks with Su Ae and Yoo Teo, Award-winning Korean Film Director Kim Ki Duk Passes Away in Latvia at 59 Years Old From COVID-19 Complications, Moon Chae Won is Wonderous in White in CF Spread for December Elle Korea, Hit Screenwriters Kim Eun Hee and Kim Eun Sook are Good Friends in Real Life and Have Daughters Who Write in their Respective Styles, SBS Gives Sneak Peak at 2021 Sageuk Romance Drama Hong Chun Gi with Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seob, Song Hye Kyo Beautifully Warm and Cozy in New December 2020 Winter Pictorial, Variety Show Interviews Screenwriter Kim Eun Hee and Reveals New Drama Stills of Mount Jiri with Jeon Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon, IU, Kim Yuna, and Gong Yoo Top the 2020 Advertising Association Poll of South Korean Consumers Favorite CF Models, Park Shin Hye Drops Sleek Promo Pictorial for Netflix Released Thriller Movie The Call Which is Getting Top 10 Rankings Since Premiere, Sung Hoon and Lee Ga Ryung Lead Script Reading for TV Chosun Drama Marriage Lyrics and Divorce Music by Makjang Queen Screenwriter Im Jung Han, Both Couples in Upcoming jTBC Drama Run On Sparking with Restrained Chemistry in New Stills, SBS Expected to Have Tough Decision for the 2020 Drama Daesang Between Namgong Min for Stove League and Han Seok Kyu for Romantic Teacher, Doctor Kim 2, tvN’s Crash Landing on You and The Cursed Win Drama Prizes at the Singapore Year End Asian Academy Creative Awards, Jang Ki Yong and Nana Will Either Shoot Each Other or Make Out in Drama Posters for OCN Thriller Kill It, Joo Ji Mo and Han Ye Seul Attend Script Reading for SBS Drama The Big Issue and Start Filming, All About My Love Ends with a Happy Wedding for Lee Min Jung and Shin Ha Kyun, Yamapi and Kame to Reunite for Spring Romance Dorama with Kimura Fumino as Leading Lady, First Impressions of Big Man with Kang Ji Hwan Reveals a Promising Drama Despite its Far-fetched Premise, Hallyu Ban in China Causes Song Joong Ki’s High Profile Vivo Ad Campaign to Switch to Eddie Peng, First Look at Cute Park Shin Hye in Don’t Worry I’m a Ghost. Find out why he’s the highest-paid actor in South Korea right now. Who knows if they kept JIS as lead, maybe she and Joo Won might have had at least decent chemistry? They wonder how they havent known such talented actress with great visual like her. But anyways, I will keep supporting Kim Soohyun in every project he does. Also read: 10 Most Famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit in South Korea. I think a veteran actress will be better…. Kim soo hyun kim soo hyun is a south korean actor best known for his roles in the television dramas dream high moon embracing the sun my love from the star and the producers as well as the. Recently, Kim Soo-hyun starred in a drama titled It’s Okay To Not Be Okay where the first episode aired on June 20th, 2020, on tvN and Netflix. Suffice to say, it’s been a tremendous decade of fruitful projects for Kim Soo-hyun! Along with his several acting awards, he’s also been called the King of Cameos, for having appeared in top-notch K-dramas such as Hotel del Luna and Crash Landing on You. I hope they select carefully. Genres. Here are the must-watch shows of Kim Soo-hyun, now streaming on Netflix. Thanks for agreeing, Winky. Viewers will enjoy the playful dynamic between his character and IU’s, as well as the “will-they-won’t-they” teasing that simmers between them, up until the end of the series. Baeksang Award Winner. Eight years later, a shaman appears in the palace, looking exactly like the woman Lee-hwon fell in love with many years ago. After playing a stoic alien in My Love from the Star, Kim Soo-hyun sheds his aloof facade for the role of Baek Seung-chan — a nerdy, bumbling newbie assistant in KBS2’s The Producers. takes place during the Joseon dynasty in Korea. Moving between the past and the present, this fantasy drama series about a Korean celebrity and an alien falling in love catapulted Kim Soo-hyun to global fame. Probably everyone’s gateway drug to Kim Soo-hyun is the Netflix drama My Love from the Star. More importantly, it’s Kim Soo-hyun’s most ambitious project so far. Kim Soo Hyun Picks Next Project the Netflix Produced K-drama Finger Adapting American Psycho. I think that same way, not all of ksh fans, but many ksh fans think their bias is one and only the best actor in the world with many awards achievements that not every actress can be eligible working with him cos they might not match ksh acting spectrum level. I have my hope up it will not have love troupes that always in kdramaland, Same. Jackpot! Starting off as a mockumentary. Despite knowing nothing about the industry, Baek Seung-chan applies as a rookie producer at KBS television network — but only because a girl he likes happens to work there. An official from the agency’s Gold Medalist revealed on 6th of November that Kim Soo Hyun received an offer for casting in the said series. He is so humble and open for criticism and never underestimate someone just because they are not popular enough in his fans’ perspective. Probably everyone’s gateway drug to Kim Soo-hyun is the Netflix drama. It would have been an interesting role for KSH To play. Finger is the Korean adaptation of the movie American Psycho, which tells a story about a famous interior designer who seems perfect, but has sociopath killer tendencies hidden inside him. It’s Okay to Not Be Okay follows the intense, slow-burning romance that develops between a caregiver and a children’s book author. Idol fans getting wildly defensive over criticism of their faves acting is always funny. If you want to see a fresh-faced Kim Soo-hyun from his earlier acting days. The feel-good world of Dream High takes place in Kirin High School, where a group of six students must overcome their personal struggles to fulfil their dreams of becoming K-pop stars. KSH will pure evil.. The romantic comedy revolves around the love story between an anti-social children’s book writer and psychiatric ward caretaker will be his first drama in five years. Ah finally someone says the right sentence. From Jun Jihyun to IU to Seo Yeaji, it proves that Soohyun knows well how to pick female partners with great acting skills. I can’t believe my prayers have been answered but in such an ironic way. That is, until their wedding gets called off after Yeon-woo’s sudden death. Released on KBS2 in 2011, this musical teen drama became a hit among younger viewers in South Korea. This will really challenge him! Kim Soo-hyun has been scorching up everyone’s screens since his television comeback in the dark romance, From starring in a musical drama to playing an alien, Kim Soo-hyun has, Along with his several acting awards, he’s also been called the King of Cameos, for having appeared in top-notch K-dramas such as, establishing him as one of the best actors in the business, this 32-year-old actor has. Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol. (script was still bad though), Agree with the statement that not only ksh that has arrogant fans, most artist surely does have. Excited!! I kind of hope there is no love story in this…, its netflix production. But actually after we watch IOTNBO, we all should learn to not underestimate unpopular female lead or rookie writer. Give this rollercoaster of a K-drama a chance, and you’ll get to watch Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji deliver some of the best performances in their careers. . Love heals and transforms in this unusual romance starring Kim Soo-hyun ("My Love from the Star"). There’s only one problem: She doesn’t remember who Lee-hwon is. Highest-paid actor in South Korea in 2020. If you prefer your romances with a dash of political intrigue and fantasy, then, Playing Lee-hwon helped Kim Soo-hyun secure the Best Actor award at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards, marking a crucial turning point in his acting career. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. All of that changes when he falls in love with popular actress. Before drama air, yes I admit that most ppl want to watch because of Soohyun, but while its airing, many ppl ended watching because of Seo Yeaji beauty and great acting skill. Kim Soo-hyun plays Do Min-joon, a 400-year-old alien who landed on the planet Earth during the Josen dynasty of Korea. Eight years later, a shaman appears in the palace, looking exactly like the woman Lee-hwon fell in love with many years ago. Thats why iotnbo is a very succesfull. In that same year, Kim Soo-hyun was also awarded Best Actor in Asia at the 8th Tokyo International Drama Festival in Japan and Best Global Actor at the 15th Huading Awards in China. : These Kim Soo-hyun Netflix shows are mostly available in Asia. (No hate on Yoona though, she’s actually more than decent if given an ok role). According to an exclusive report from Sports Chosun, Kim Soo Hyun will be a lead role in Finger, which will be director Jung Ji Woo ‘s first Netflix drama. I believe KSH is very successful now cos his personality for never looking down on someone’ potential. The last time they did this, Joo Won’s My Sassy Girl was a flop. follows the intense, slow-burning romance that develops between a caregiver and a children’s book author. This Netflix series starring Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji makes audiences wait several episodes before the romance blooms. Here are the must-watch shows of Kim Soo-hyun, now streaming on Netflix. takes place in Kirin High School, where a group of six students must overcome their personal struggles to fulfil their dreams of becoming K-pop stars.